Supply Chain Management (SCM) builds and prepares students for careers as analysts, decision makers and managers in any and all segments of an organization’s supply, production distribution chain. Students who complete this program will have a fundamental understanding of the systematic, integrated nature of the creation and delivery of goods and services, and the manner in which the supply, production and distribution chain includes or involves other internal and external entities. Students will be able to solve problems and make decisions in this environment by using concepts from other business administration areas, computing and analytical skills, and appropriate quantitative and qualitative models.
The bachelor of applied science in supply chain management (BAS-SCM) is designed for students with any applied or technical school degree to gain a baccalaureate degree in a timely fashion. This degree requires significant study in general education at the upper-division level.
Applicants for the BAS Supply Chain Management must meet the following requirements prior to admission.
- Completion of an applied or technical degree from a community or technical college with a minimum GPA of 2.25.
- Recommended: Students should have 102 transferable credits prior to beginning this program. Students with less than 102 transferable credits must work directly with professional advisors for the College of Business to determine if any additional credits are required for graduation.
- A world language is not required.
Application forms are available in the department offices. The completed form must be accompanied by transcripts that reflect all prior college work. Admission shall be based on grades earned in the admission requirement courses.
A minimum grade of “C-” (1.70) in each course. The credit/no credit option will not be accepted for any of these courses. These criterias apply to equivalent courses transferred from other institutions. The applicant must have earned a minimum grade point average of 2.0 in all collegiate study.
Students who have met all of the above requirements will be admitted unless the number of applicants exceeds available space. In that case, acceptance will be competitive, based on a selection index.
The following special rules apply to students seeking the BAS Supply Chain Major:
- Students must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25.
- Completion of the CWU basic and breadth requirements, including at least 20 credits of 300-400 level courses, except world language.
- Completion of the BAS Supply Chain Management list of courses.