May 06, 2021
SPAN 443 - Advanced Spanish Translation
This course acquaints the student with the various theories of translation, and the responsibilities involved in the act of translating. It also offers ample practice with English to Spanish translation, and Spanish to English translation in a variety of fields. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: SPAN 442.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Analyze advanced theory of translation and interpretation
- Apply appropriate specialized vocabulary in translation and interpretation of texts
- Articulate semantic and syntactic issues in translating and interpreting English and Spanish
- Create a business plan for a translation/interpretation agency in both English and Spanish
- Create a business plan for a retail company to be advertised in both English and Spanish
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)