Sep 18, 2021
LIS 314 - Technology in Library and Information Science
This course provides a review of the hardware and software used in libraries. Provides an introduction to technology tools, processes, and web applications that support the delivery of library services.
Co- or prerequisites: LIS 110 and LIS 201.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Appraise technology tools, processes, and web applications that support the delivery of library services.
- Deduce effective strategies for evaluating different technologies and recommending purchases.
- Examine and appraise Web 2.0 and other social networking technologies.
- Examine word processing and production software, analyzing their application in library and information science.
- Effectively incorporate media and technology into library programs and instructional services.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)