Apr 11, 2021
IT 436 - Cyberattack/Defense
Examines the techniques and technologies for penetration of networks, detection of attacks, and the prevention of attacks. This course addresses the techniques, technologies, and methodologies used by cyberintruders.
Prerequisites: IT 238 and IT 351.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify the major components of the cyber-attack/defense domain.
- Investigate cyber deterrence capabilities.
- Investigate reconstitution and robustness capabilities designed to enable U.S. systems to continue to function once they have suffered cyber damage.
- Assess tools and procedures to include hardware and/or software to simulate an attack on an adversary.
- Utilize tools and procedures to include hardware and/or software to simulate an attack on an adversary.
- Discuss the implications societally, socially, legally, and technologically, of cyber-attacks on an entity.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)