Apr 14, 2021
IT 438 - IT Risk Management
Explores Networking Security from the perspective of risk management to develop strategies to mitigate and manage risks. Focuses on assessment strategies for effective mitigation measures and risk management practices in terms of cybersecurity.
Prerequisites: IT 238 and IT 351.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Identify risk assessment strategies requisite to implement risk mitigation measures and practices.
- Identify the levels of sensitivity of information kept by an organization and the procedures necessary to protect it.
- Examine the tools and procedures utilized by attackers to infiltrate an organization’s infrastructure in order to obtain sensitive information.
- Develop an effective risk management plan for organizations of various sizes, compositions, and industries.
- Construct a disaster recovery plan for organizations of various sizes, compositions, and industries.
- Discuss the legal ramifications in the risk management arena from an IT perspective.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)