Apr 14, 2021
GWT 405 - Beverage and Food Pairing for the Sommelier (Put on reserve 9/16/18)
Overview of major beverages and service standards related to the world of fine wines in a dining environment. Fundamentals of food pairing with major wine varietals, wine styles, and other industry beverages of the world. Must be 21 years of age or older prior to the start of class. Course will be offered every year. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern. Formerly GWS 405; students may not receive credit for both. (Put on reserve 9/16/18, will go inactive 8/24/21)
Prerequisite: GWT 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Pair major wine varietals with a variety of food items while operating in a wine or dining environment.
- Pair major beverages including wine, spirits, & beer found in fine wine and dining establishments with a variety of food items.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the origin and production methods of beverages associated with the world of fine wines.
- Taste to analyze the flavor profiles, textures, and techniques of food & beverage production relative to their interactions on the palate.
- Perform proper service techniques of beverages other than wine; such as sake, spirits, coffee, tea, and cigars.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)