May 06, 2021
SPAN 456 - The Spanish and Latin American Short Story
Study of the short-story genre represented in works by major modern and contemporary Spanish and Latin American writers. Lectures, readings, and discussions conducted in Spanish. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: SPAN 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Differentiate between and apply literary terms and concepts
- Analyze the literary movements and aesthetics of Hispanic prose fiction
- Appraise critically important short stories authors from Spain and Latin America
- Apply analytical methods for writing essays on the short story
- Synthesize research findings on a specific topic and or author
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)