Jul 26, 2021
MUS 410 - Vocal Jazz Choir
An ensemble specializing in performance of repertoire from jazz choir tradition established in the Northwest and beyond. Must attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances. For juniors and seniors. Limited to SATB singers and rhythm section instruments. May be repeated for credit.
Prerequisite: junior standing or above.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz tone quality on their instruments and voices.
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz phrasing and style on their instruments and voices.
- Work together to create a cohesive group sound with an overall high quality artistic, emotional and technical impact.
- Perform a wide variety of music composed and arranged for the vocal jazz ensemble.
- Improvise in a vocal jazz ensemble setting, including musical interaction within the ensemble.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)