Jun 19, 2021
MUS 152A - Class Piano I
Group instruction providing beginning skills to prepare for the piano proficiency requirement and to reinforce music theory concepts. Grade will either be S or U.
Co-requisites: MUS 144 and MUS 144A.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Demonstrate knowledge of clefs, note reading, hand position, posture, score markings, and basic terminology related to beginning piano students.
- Be able to play standard scales with correct fingering.
- Demonstrate proficiency of reading skills, technique, and rhythm through assigned beginning solo repertoire.
- Demonstrate basic transposition skills of beginning level excerpts.
- Be able to demonstrate basic harmonic progressions as presented in concurrent music theory class.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic theoretical concepts through keyboard applications.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)