Apr 14, 2021
HRM 479 - Employee Relations
Statutory and case law governing labor relations. Contracts and negotiations. Impasse procedures. Arbitration cases and grievance procedures. Contemporary issues and cases.
Prerequisites: HRM 381 and admission to a College of Business major AND completion of the College of Business Foundation courses (ACCT 251 and ACCT 252 and BUS 221 and BUS 241 and MATH 153 or MATH 154 or MATH 170 or MATH 172 or MATH 173 and ECON 201) with a minimum C- grade in each course and a minimum collegiate GPA of 2.25; OR (HRM 381 and declaration of a Human Resource Management minor).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Understand and participate in negotiations.
- Create and provide accurate feedback to employees.
- Understand the process of unionization and how management and unions interact.
- Engage effective dispute resolution.
- Develop employee involvement and retention programs.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)