May 11, 2021
PESH 431 - Principles of Sexual Health Education
Principles and content for sex education in school and community settings. Formerly HED 431, students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisite: by permission.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the roles of familial and societal factors on human sexuality and reproduction.
- Identify and discuss the importance of medically accurate, fact-based sexuality education.
- Identify the importance of human sexuality within the broader context of health.
- Identify and discuss HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- Describe the anatomy and physiology of the male and female reproductive systems.
- Demonstrate best practices for teaching exemplary sexual health education.
- Integrate the national sexuality education standards into health lesson & unit plans.
- Employ a 3-lesson, pre-prepared sexuality health education curricula to K-12 students.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)