May 06, 2021
PESH 345 - School Health Curriculum
This course is designed to expose learners to current school based health education curricula, materials, and strategies necessary to effectively teach comprehensive school health education in the K-12 setting. Formerly HED 345, students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisites: HED 210.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
- Integrate national and state health education standards into health lesson & unit plans.
- Locate a variety of health curriculum resources necessary teach comprehensive school health education.
- Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of the seven of the ten comprehensive school health education content areas.
- Articulate their philosophical views on the current and future trends of comprehensive school health education.
- Deliver effective lessons and curriculum materials utilizing active learning teaching strategies related to various topics found in the scope and sequence of comprehensive school health education.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)