Supply chain management (SCM) builds and prepares students for careers as analysts, decision-makers, and managers in all segments of an organization’s supply, and production distribution chain. Students who complete this program will have a fundamental understanding of the systematic, integrated nature of the creation and delivery of goods and services, and the way the supply, production, and distribution chain includes or involves other internal and external entities. Students will be able to solve problems and make decisions in this environment by using concepts from other business administration areas, computing and analytical skills, and appropriate quantitative and qualitative models.
The bachelor of applied science in supply chain management (BAS-SCM) is designed for students with an approved applied or technical associate’s degree to gain a baccalaureate degree in a timely fashion.
- Completion of an approved applied or technical degree from a community or technical college
- Completion of the College of Business Agreement to Policies
Students can apply to the major as part of their application to CWU, via their MyCWU account, or by emailing CBAdvising@cwu.edu. Students applying to this program must meet with an advisor for the College of Business for a full evaluation of credits and requirements prior to being admitted to the program.
Program Requirements for Progression and/or Graduation
- To earn a bachelor of applied science in supply chain management, students must:
- Earn at least 45 credits at CWU and meet all CWU graduation requirements, including grade point average requirements that apply to all CWU major programs.
- Transfer students with an associate of applied science degree who enter a Bachelor of Applied Science program will be considered to have met the foreign language requirements for graduation.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25 in all coursework applied to the major.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.25 in all upper-division coursework applied to the major.
- Complete at least 40 credits of coursework applied to the major at CWU.
- Students need a C- (1.7) or higher in all foundation courses and in the following courses- BUS 102, FIN 370, MGT 382, MKT 362, and in one of MIS 320 or MIS 386.
- Students majoring in supply chain management need a C or higher in SCM 310, SCM 420, SCM 425, SCM 480, the supply chain management elective, and in one of SCM 450 or SCM 475.
When selecting a statistics (BUS 221 or MATH 211) option, students are strongly encouraged to select BUS 221 unless transferring a course to meet the requirement.
For policies that apply to all College of Business programs and requirements, as well as program learner outcomes, please go to: College of Business.