Pursuing the engineering technology (ET) minor will provide a foundation for students pursuing non-engineering technology majors but may join organizations focused on engineering technology. The minor introduces the principles of applied engineering and complements many majors at the University. Students can use the ET minor with many majors to enhance a student’s career opportunities and gain a competitive advantage in the job market. It is an excellent addition for students with majors in business administration, communication, and many other areas.
The ET minor applications are accepted throughout the year, and typically, the students start in the fall quarter. CWU studenta interested in improving their career opportunities can obtain the ET minor. For details about the application procedures, contact the ETSC Department.
Students must complete each course with a grade of C or higher and a minimum GPA of 2.3 in the program.
Students pursuing majors in the fields of Mechanical, Industrial, or Technology cannot pursue this minor.
Program Learner Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Recognize the need to engage in life-long learning in a chosen professional career.
- Act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Understand fundamentals of engineering technology.
- Review and interpret different types of engineering drawings
- Understand basic concepts of industrial robotics.
- Identify and develop control strategies for hazardous conditions and work practices in the industry.
- Understand basics of manufacturing processes.