College of Education and Professional Studies
Michaelsen Hall, room 100
Mail Stop 7565
See website for how this program may be used for educational and career purposes.
Faculty and Staff
Duane Dowd, PhD
Kimberlee Bartel, PhD, business and marketing, career and technical education
Andrea Eklund, MA, apparel, textiles and merchandising
Amy Claridge, PhD, family and child life
Duane Dowd, PhD, CLFE, family and child life
Sarah Feeney, PhD, family and child life
John Hudelson, PhD, wine studies
Carla Jellum, PhD, hospitality, tourism and event management
Astrid Vidalon-Shields, MA, apparel, textiles and merchandising
Se Eun Lee, PhD, hospitality, tourism and event management
Jodi Musser, MA, business and marketing, career and technical education
Jill Perillo-Clarke, MS, wine studies
Natalie Porter, family and child life
Katie Tenhulzen, MS, family and child life
Joan Amby, PhD, family studies
Dorothy Chase, PhD, recreation and tourism
Willa Dene Powell, PhD, family and consumer sciences education
Carolyn Schactler, MS, apparel design
William Vance, EdD, recreation and tourism
Marla Wyatt, PhD, family and consumer sciences education
Alex Lange, secretary supervisor
Amy Claridge, PhD, family and child life program, family resource center director
Andrea Eklund, MA apparel, textiles and merchandising
Jodi Musser, MA, business marketing education, family and consumer sciences education, career and technical education
Jill Perillo-Clarke, MS, wine studies
Carla Jellum, PhD, hospitality, tourism and events
The Department of Family and Consumer Sciences’ programs lead to baccalaureate degrees in: Apparel, Textiles and Merchandising; Family and Consumer Sciences Career and Technical Education Teaching; Business and Marketing Teacher Preparation; Family and Child Life (with concentrations in Family Science, Child Development and Child Life); Wine Studies (with concentrations in Global Wine Trade and Wine Industry Management); and Hospitality, Tourism, and Event Management.
Students may complete a minor in any of the following areas: Apparel Textiles and Merchandising; Apparel Design; Child Development; Event Planning; Family and Consumer Sciences; Family and Consumer Sciences Education; Family Science; Program Development; Sustainable Toursim; Tourism Management; and Wine Trade and Tourism.
Admission Policy for Family and Consumer Sciences
- A completed Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) major application form must be signed by a program advisor after an initial advising meeting. The advisor will submit it to the FCS chair for approval.
- Students should apply for the major early in their academic career, and First-Year students are encouraged to apply.
- Students seeking a major or minor should see specific requirements in the appropriate program section of this catalog.
- For information on teacher certification for marketing education or business education, contact Professor Jodi Musser.
For information on program outcomes, please go to: www.cwu.edu/mission/assessment-improvement/slo-assessment-plans.
Frequency of course offering information can be found at the department website: www.cwu.edu/family-consumer or by contacting the department directly.
ProgramsBachelor of Arts (B.A.)Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
- Apparel, Textiles and Merchandising Major, BS
- Business and Marketing Education Major, BS
- Family and Child Life Major BS, Child Development Specialization
- Family and Child Life Major BS, Child Life Specialization
- Family and Child Life Major BS, Family Science Specialization
- Family and Consumer Sciences Career and Technical Education Teaching Major, BS
- Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management BS, Event Management Specialization
- Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management BS, Hospitality Management Specialization
- Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management BS, Tourism Management Specialization
- Wine Studies BS, Global Wine Studies Specialization
- Wine Studies BS, Wine Industry Management Specialization
CoursesApparel Textiles and Merchandising (ATM)Business Marketing Education (BME)Career and Technical Education FCS (CTE)Family and Child Life (FCL)Family and Consumer Science (FCS)Page: 1