Sep 23, 2023
YESS 301 - Social Science Tools for Transfer Student Success
This course provides transfer students with tips, tools, and strategies for success at CWU. Connect with faculty and peers to create an individualized plan for degree completion and professional success.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify common transfer issues and for social science majors and propose strategies for personal success at CWU.
- Generate connections with social science faculty and peers.
- Plan an efficient pathway to a social science degree, which includes experiences marketable in social science careers or graduate school.
- Identify and evaluate CWU and community resources available for different types of support for social science majors.
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of social science scholarly practices using CWU academic resources.
- Design an individualized plan and use discipline standards to communicate a social science project related to research, an internship, or service-learning.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg, Online Summer Locations: Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)