May 27, 2023
GEOL 472 - Coastal Geomorphology
Advanced course exploring coastal geomorphic processes. Practical experience in field techniques and design. Required 4-day field trip. GEOL 472 and GEOL 572 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Prerequisite: GEOL 370.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe key processes affecting the formation and stability of coastal features
- Create and test hypotheses related to the coastal geomorphology of WA/OR
- Design, conduct, and evaluate a data collection method
- 500-level only: Critically assess journal articles from the coastal geomorphology primary literature.
- 500-level only: Design and manage a field expedition
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Spring Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)