Mar 27, 2023
PESH 401 - International Service Learning: Civic Engagement and Youth Development
Provides philosophical and practical civic engagement opportunities at the international level through service-learning. Create and facilitate learning experiences with underserved youth in diverse settings. Permission by instructor. May be repeated up to 8 credits. Course will be offered every year (Summer).
General Education Category: CE - Culminating Experience
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze underlying youth development through service learning
- Identify specific needs of international groups and integrate this knowledge into their service learning experiences
- Demonstrate clear communication skills and techniques facilitating their learning experience for their youth populations.
- Incorporate and apply principles of positive youth development through service learning
- Synthesize the aspects of their service learning experience
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)