Jun 07, 2023
GERM 384 - Defying Nazism: German and French Resistance during WWII
Course focuses on the Resistance movements in Germany and France as people from both countries struggled to come to terms with Hitler and Nazism. FR 384 and GERM 384 are cross-listed courses; a student may not receive credit for both. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and describe the ways in which beliefs and values affect interpretations of experiences and events.
- Interpret the events experienced in France and Germany from WWI to WWII and compare them to similarly significant historical events.
- Identify the causes of the German and French Resistance movements.
- Examine and explain the effects of the German and French Resistance movements on the government and citizens of each country.
- Recognize the interrelatedness of human concerns that transcend geographical and cultural boundaries.
- Identify and interpret the significance of salient cultural and historical details of resistance movements.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Approved Fall 2017
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)