Feb 02, 2023
SCED 330 - Marine Science for Teachers
Interdisciplinary investigation of the environments and organisms of the Pacific Northwest Coast. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisites: two courses with the prefix BIOL or CHEM or ENST or GEOL or PHYS.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe coastal environments of the Pacific Northwest and the typical biological communities associated with each
- Identify geological, chemical, and physical influences upon the biotic communities of the northwestern marine environment
- Summarize anthropogenic influences upon the marine environments of the Pacific Northwest and assess possible long-term impacts on biological communities
- Summarize primary literature on a selected group of marine organisms
- Demonstrate competence in methods of marine fieldwork and coastal research
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data on a pertinent marine issue
- Describe and evaluate opportunities for continuing education in marine science
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)