Jul 06, 2022
YESS 103 - YESS Social Science Perspectives and Research III
Within this final course, students will apply skills learned in previous courses to investigate their social world. Students will apply these skills to carrying out a research project or service learning project. Permission by department. Course will be offered every year (Spring).
Prerequisites: YESS 101 and YESS 102.
General Education Category: K6 - Individual & Society
General Education Pathways: P1 Civic & Community Engagement, P3 Perspectives on Current Issues, P6 Ways of Knowing
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Distinguish the objectives and results of research in different fields of social science.
- Comprehend different social science career options relative to personal interest, knowledge, and skills.
- Apply scientific concepts and processes to write a social science proposal.
- Find and use social science literature to justify a proposal.
- Communicate in writing and orally to a social science audience.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)