Jul 07, 2022
YESS 101 - YESS Social Science Perspectives and Research I
This first course in the sequence is designed to offer students an overview of how the social sciences explore the world and will outline opportunities the social sciences have to offer students. Permission by department. Course will be offered every year (Fall).
General Education Category: K6 - Individual & Society
General Education Pathways: P1 Civic & Community Engagement, P3 Perspectives on Current Issues, P6 Ways of Knowing
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Name and identify social science concepts and processes to investigate a social, cultural and/or political problem important to society.
- Identify quantitative and qualitative data to address social science questions.
- Critically read and summarize social science literature.
- Express social science concepts and processes to write a scientific proposal.
- Find and apply social science literature to justify a research proposal.
- Communicate in writing and orally to a social science audience.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)