Apr 01, 2023
EXSC 371 - Movement Analysis
This course is designed to teach the student applied principles of human movement analysis. Course content includes basic motor control, basic motor learning, and applied biomechanical principles. Course will be offered every year (Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer).
Prerequisite: EXSC 254 or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate terminology used for movement analysis and understand the mechanical principles of human movements.
- Identify general movement patterns for bipedal gait.
- Understand and be able to apply biomechanical principles to various joint actions.
- Use biomechanical principles to evaluate human movement performance.
- Synthesize concepts of human movement analysis in order to improve human movement performance.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)