Mar 23, 2023
HPE 444 - The Promise and Pitfalls in Interscholastic Athletic Programs
This course will provide students with an in-depth exploration of contemporary issues surrounding interscholastic athletics at the local, state and national levels. The student will contemplate and assess the critical issues in secondary school athletics and appraise possible solutions for specific case studies. HPE 444 and HPE 544 are layered courses; students may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the general promises and pitfalls of interscholastic athletics.
- Identify contemporary issues in interscholastic athletics at the local level.
- Identify contemporary issues in interscholastic athletics at the state level.
- Identify contemporary issues in interscholastic athletics at the national level.
- Recognize local, state, and national organizations’ attempts at corrective actions for contemporary interscholastic athletic pitfalls.
- Define, explore, and forecast the most critical issues in Interscholastic athletics and appraise contemporary solutions on a case-by-case focus.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)