COM 301 - Public Speaking for Business and Organizations
The course develops student knowledge and basic oral communication skills with an emphasis on presentation skills focusing on organization, delivery, and forms of support as applied in different professional contexts.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to effectively organize a public presentation.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to deliver at least two different types of public presentations.
- Describe the typical public speaking contexts and opportunities found in most American businesses.
- Develop increased skill in analyzing the public speaking of others.
- Develop applicable support materials for an individual or group presentation.
- Effectively respond to questions that follow a public presentation.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)