Nov 27, 2022
MATH 299S - Seminar - Math Major Orientation
Introductory seminar for new math majors, focusing on requirements and preparation for the math major. Students will learn appropriate software which will be used in future math major courses. Course will be offered every year (Fall).
Prerequisite: MATH 173. Pre- or Co-requisites: MATH 260 and MATH 272.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Articulate post-graduation options of mathematical majors.
- Utilize principles of success including time management, interpersonal communication, and research strategies.
- Perform basic mathematical problem solving skills.
- Interpret and manipulate quantified statements in mathematical notation.
- Use technical tools to support their future mathematical endeavors.
- Create a visualization of mathematical problems.
- Use a computer system to calculate mathematical iterations.
- Communicate mathematical work in written and verbal formats.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)