Oct 02, 2023
PESH 439 - Practicum 4
This course is designed to provide physical education and school health majors the knowledge and skill needed to create and teach dynamic, school health education lessons and unit plans within the K-12 setting.
Prerequisites: PESH 280 and current WSP/FBI fingerprint clearance.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate national and state health education standards into health lesson & unit plans.
- Create & deliver effective health unit plans utilizing active learning teaching strategies related to various topics found in the scope and sequence of comprehensive school health education.
- Reflect upon and revise practice based upon observation of learners, self-assessment, and problem solving strategies.
- Implement and utilize research-based teaching models into lesson and unit plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and implement visual aids and technology- related tools into school-based health education unit plans
- Implement values assessment strategies into lesson and unit plans.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)