Nov 30, 2022
PESH 447 - Inclusive Strategies and Activities for Diverse Learners
This course will provide inclusive strategies and activities for diverse learners in physical education and school health.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to use developmentally appropriate adaptations and modifications that will enable success of learners with disabilities, impairments, and disorders (i.e., physical, intellectual, emotional/behavior, health-related disorders, social interaction disorders) for an inclusive physical education class.
- Identify and describe federal and state legislation and current issues pertaining to children with disabilities and specifically to their participation in physical education, physical activity/fitness, and sport.
- Identify and describe the planning process for creating and implementing an Individualized Education Program (IEP) for a child with a disability who is included in regular physical education.
- Demonstrate how to make appropriate instructional accommodations for children who have a difficult time understanding directions, strategies, and rules of various sports, games, and physical activities.
- Identify and analyze various assessment procedures and standardized assessments that can facilitate the inclusion of students with disabilities into regular physical education.
- Demonstrate the understanding of age and developmentally appropriate practices and identify strategies that will help diverse learners become self- motivated in their participation in physical education, physical activity/fitness, and sport.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)