Jan 30, 2023
SCED 102 - Integrated Earth and Space Science
Inquiry-based investigations in Earth and space science to help students develop understanding of fundamental concepts and the process of scientific investigation. Designed for prospective elementary and middle-level teachers, but open to all students. Course will be offered every year (Winter).
General Education Category: K7 - Physical & Natural World
General Education Pathways: P3 Perspectives on Current Issues, P5 Sustainability
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply appropriate scientific investigative techniques to address questions about relevant Earth and space science concepts.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to address questions about relevant Earth and space science concepts.
- Apply Earth and space science concepts and processes to personal and societal issues.
- Articulate how your own ideas and understanding change and develop, and how the structure of the learning environment and curriculum facilitates these changes.
- Find and utilize a variety of resources to learn and communicate about Earth and space science events and processes.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)