Aug 10, 2022
SHM 423 - Advanced Construction Safety Management (Put on reserve 9/16/19)
This course will cover advanced construction safety management techniques such as contractor pre-qualification, leading and lagging indicators, design for construction safety, LEED and safety, safety in contract management, 3D technology in construction safety, safety and quality, and SCSH rating system. (Put on reserve 9/16/19, will go inactive 8/24/22)
Prerequisite: SHM 323 or permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Pre-qualify construction contractors based on historical safety performance.
- Calculate all the lagging and leading indicators associated with construction safety management.
- Identify the impacts of LEED on worker safety and health.
- Identify the innovation in technology available to enhance construction safety management.
- Identify the impacts of construction quality on worker safety and health.
- Rate a construction project based on SCSH rating system.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)