Apr 01, 2023
SPAN 261 - Spanish for Heritage Speakers I
An introduction to academic Spanish for heritage speakers. This course is the first in a three quarter sequence that is designed to prepare heritage speakers of Spanish for more advanced study. Areas of focus will include grammar terminology, spelling, accentuation, ready and writing. Advisor approval or Spanish placement test results.
Prerequisites: SPAN 153, or by placement exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the major parts of speech using appropriate Spanish grammar terminology in various sentence structures.
- Read, summarize, answer questions about, and respond to written texts from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of new vocabulary dealing with everyday topics.
- Write short essays using standard academic Spanish.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geography and principal cultural aspects of Mexico.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)