Apr 01, 2023
SPAN 262 - Spanish for Heritage Speakers II
An introduction to academic Spanish for Heritage Speakers. This course is the second in a three quarter sequence that is designed to prepare Heritage Speakers of Spanish for more advanced study. Areas of focus will include grammar terminology, spelling, accentuation, reading and writing. Advisor approval or Spanish Placement Test results needed.
Prerequisites: SPAN 261, or by placement exam.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the major parts of speech using appropriate Spanish grammar terminology in various sentence structures.
- Read, summarize, answer questions about, and respond to written texts from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate knowledge of new vocabulary dealing with everyday topics.
- Write short essays using standard academic Spanish.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the geography and principal cultural aspects of Central and South America.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)