Aug 18, 2022
WINE 412 - Advanced Wine Regions
Study of lesser known vineyard areas around the world including unusual grape varietals, regulations, quality designations, and wines made for specific markets. Formerly GWS/GWT 412; students may only receive credit for one. Course will be offered every year. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: WINE 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify climate and soil conditions for the “advanced” vineyard areas of the world.
- Identify for the lesser known regions of the world, the dominant and less common grape varieties.
- Identify wine produced by these grapes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the viticulture and winemaking regulations and laws for each advanced country and its regions.
- Identify quality levels and labeling regulations of advanced wine regions.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)