Nov 29, 2023
EXSC 455LAB - Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription Laboratory
Accompanying laboratory to EXSC 455, includes techniques for assessing aerobic fitness, muscular strength and endurance, body composition and flexibility. Two hours laboratory.
Prerequisites: EXSC 351 and EXSC 351LAB.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the major components of physical fitness and explain the importance of each component.
- Identify the risks associated with exercise and demonstrate knowledge of risk stratification.
- Accurately assess cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength and endurance, flexibility and body composition.
- Interpret the results of fitness assessments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of designing comprehensive fitness programs.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)