Jan 30, 2023
STEP 103 - Scientific Perspectives and Experimentation III
Third course in a three-quarter first year science seminar series. Students survey active research effort by CWU faculty and upper classmen in science, technology and mathematics fields and design their own research project. Students must take STEP 101, 102, and 103 to receive credit for Academic Writing II. Course will be offered every year (Spring).
Prerequisite: STEP 102.
General Education Category: NS-Applications Natural Science (W). K1 - Academic Writing II: Reasoning & Research
General Education Pathways: P3 Perspectives on Current Issues, P5 Sustainability, P6 Ways of Knowing
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize the objectives and results of research in different fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Evaluate different scientific career options relative to personal interest, knowledge, and skills.
- Apply scientific concepts and processes to write and revise a scientific proposal using appropriate style.
- Find and use scientific literature to justify a scientific proposal.
- Communicate in writing and orally to a scientific audience.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)