Aug 13, 2022
SPAN 449 - Spanish Golden Age Literature
This course studies novels, theatre, and poetry written in 16th- and 17th-century Spain, including works by Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Calderon, or Quevedo. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: SPAN 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Outline key moments in 16th- and 17th-Spanish history
- Interpret literary texts in light of historical data and literary theory
- Develop personal interpretations of literary texts
- Synthesize research findings in Spanish Golden Age literature
- Analyze a person or event of historical or cultural import from the Spanish Golden Age
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)