Aug 18, 2022
SPAN 432 - Advanced Spanish Composition and Grammar (Put on Reserve 9/1/2020)
Advanced grammar, composition, and stylistics through textual analysis and essay writing. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern. (Put on reserve 9/1/2020, will go inactive 8/24/23)
Prerequisites: SPAN 342 or SPAN 346.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Compose advanced, multi-draft compositions.
- Critique self- and peer-generated writing samples.
- Analyze and use more advanced grammar and vocabulary.
- Recognize and respond to coded corrective feedback.
- Apply specific writing strategies, techniques, and rhetorical devices.
- Distinguish linguistic, literary, and/or cultural features of Spanish speaking countries being discussed.
- Articulate metalinguistic concepts and terminology.
- Conduct a contrastive analysis between English and Spanish.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)