Apr 01, 2023
SPAN 346 - Composition and Grammar for Heritage Speakers II
Further development of grammar, composition, and conversation for academic purposes for heritage speakers of Spanish. SPAN 342 and SPAN 346 are equivalent courses; students may not receive credit for both. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern.
Prerequisite: SPAN 345.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Expand application of rules of standard Spanish orthography and accentuation.
- Write compositions in Spanish in formal, academic style with appropriate rhetorical organization, grammar, vocabulary, and format. Essays will expand in length and complexity from 345.
- Identify parts of speech and metalinguistic terminology in Spanish.
- Recognize and respond to coded corrective feedback.
- Express opinions and defend positions using context-appropriate register, both orally and in writing.
- Identify non-standard Spanish vocabulary and grammar usage and to provide standard equivalents.
- Identify and/or explain the significant historical and cultural events/artifacts of the Spanish speaking countries under study.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)