Aug 18, 2022
SOC 495 - Sociological Research
Individual research project. May be repeated up to 15 credits.
Prerequisites: SOC 350, SOC 363, and SOC 364.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe and assess various teaching styles.
- Identify and describe effective teaching practices.
- Assess the use of instructional objectives in course planning and classroom research.
- Identify the basic assumptions that affect teaching in a United States classroom.
- Assess the potential difficulties in various teaching styles and develop strategies to compensate for problems.
- Analyze the ethical dilemmas of instructional communication and identify implications for practice.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)