Oct 02, 2022
SOC 365 - Minority Groups
Study of the social formation of minority groups in American society, their historical development, current conditions, and issues. SOC 365 and WGSS 326 are equivalent courses; a student may not receive credit for both.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and appreciation of fundamental sociological concepts and theories regarding minority groups in the U.S.
- Demonstrate understanding of the diversity of minority groups in the United States
- Analyze the extent, causes, and consequences of historical and continuing inequality that minority groups in the United States face.
- Develop and apply critical thinking skills.
- Apply the intersectional approach to everyday life situations.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Online
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)