Oct 03, 2022
SOC 107 - Principles of Sociology
An introduction to the basic concepts and theories of sociology with an emphasis on the group aspects of human behavior. SB-Foundations of Human Adaptations and Behavior (W).
General Education Category: SB-Foundations of Human Adaptations and Behavior (W). K6 - Individual & Society
General Education Pathways: P3 Perspectives on Current Issues, P4 Social Justice, P6 Ways of Knowing
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify basic principles and institutions that underlie the cultures and traditions of groups, organizations, societies, or nations.
- Describe theories about individuals, social processes, social networks, or the relationships between individuals and society.
- Explain and apply diverse empirical methods to investigate and analyze individuals, groups, or societies.
- Analyze human behavior, perspectives, or cultures using theory and research
- Articulate ways that social diversity shapes attitudes and values affecting the respect and equality of others
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)