Feb 02, 2023
SHM 474 - Safety and Health Management Systems
It provides a systems-based approach to managing safety programs, with the help of major consensus standards such as ANSI/AIHA Z10, OHSAS 18001, and OSHA VPP.
Prerequisite: SHM 353.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the various requirements of system-based consensus standards.
- Design and evaluate a comprehensive system-based safety and health program.
- Apply adult learning theories in the completion of safety and health training.
- Apply risk-based approach and concepts to the prevention of hazardous acts and conditions.
- Develop and conduct a perception survey, and analyze and interpret data.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)