Feb 02, 2023
SHM 375 - Transportation and Fleet Safety
Program management relating to fleet safety including transportation systems loss control management, fleet management, and driver safety training.
Prerequisite: SHM 301.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and describe the role of state and federal agencies in establishing and maintaining rules and regulations for transportation safety.
- Describe the impact of different transportation modes used daily by industry and the general public.
- Determine causes and countermeasures for transportation related injuries and death.
- Identify and describe the components of a complete transportation safety program.
- Establish a transportation safety program to achieve targeted performance goals.
- Demonstrate correct driver performance including ability to manage risk and other skills related to the driving task.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)