Dec 01, 2022
PSY 275 - Community Development in Residence Halls
Components of successful student development in residential settings. Educational philosophy of residence halls, community development, and problem solving. Credits do not apply toward psychology degree major or minor. Grade will either be S or U.
Prerequisite: permission of instructor.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the theories and skills necessary to become a successful Resident Assistant (RA) and student leader.
- Describe and discuss the major student developmental theories.
- Understand the importance of community and how to create one.
- Develop and practice communication and confrontation techniques.
- Understand the importance of programming and how to facilitate a program in their current residence hall.
- Describe and discuss diversity and multicultural topics.
- Describe and discuss social issues facing college students today.
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)