Nov 28, 2023
PSY 101 - General Psychology
The study of the basic principles, problems and methods that underlie the science of psychology, including diversity, human development, biological bases of behavior, learning, sensation and perception, cognition, personality, and psychopathology. SB-Foundations of Human Adaptations and Behavior.
General Education Category: SB-Foundations of Human Adaptations and Behavior. K6 - Individual & Society
General Education Pathways: P2 Health & Well-being, P6 Ways of Knowing
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and interpret basic psychological theory and principles that underlie human behavior and interaction (individual, group, cultural, and societal) with regard to biology, cognition, and emotion.
- Identify, explain, and apply the different empirical methods used in the subfields of Psychology (research study design, data collection methods, and data analysis).
- Compare and contrast human behavior, perspectives, and culture through exploration of the human cognitive thought processes.
- Explain ways in which humans perceive, experience, and interact with the natural and human-made environments
- Describe and evaluate diversity and similarities with regard to behavior and the thought process in the areas of culture, social, gender, age, and ethnicity.
- Describe and evaluate the biological bases of behavior and the role of biology in fostering a better understanding of the human condition
- Describe and evaluate the role of human development in the contribution of behavioral differences.
- Describe and evaluate abnormal behavior and role in which behavior plays a role in understanding differences among humans and how to foster greater respect, understanding of our differences and compassion for the human condition.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)