May 29, 2023
POSC 270 - International Relations
This course explores political issues and theories in international relations. This class will focus on issues of war and peace, international law and organization, foreign policy, diplomatic history, and international political economy. SB-Perspectives on World Cultures (W).
General Education Category: SB-Perspectives on World Cultures (W). K4 - Global Dynamics
General Education Pathways: P3 Perspectives on Current Issues, P4 Social Justice
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the basic concepts, processes, and theories of international relations.
- Identify global issues in an historical and contemporary context.
- Explain ithe connections between global inequality and political, social and economic power.
- Analyze the impact of politics, culture, history and economics on contemporary global issues and develop answers to address these problems.
- Explain how gender, economic class, ethnicity and sexuality impact human rights in international relations.
- Apply knowledge and critical thinking skills to address global problems.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Fall Locations: Ellensburg Winter Locations: Ellensburg Spring Locations: Ellensburg Summer Locations: Ellensburg
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)