Mar 27, 2023
PHIL 106 - Asian Philosophy
Examination of selected classical and/or contemporary issues and questions in Chinese, Japanese and Indian philosophy. AH-Philosophies and Culture World (W). Formerly PHIL 209, students may not receive credit for both. Course will not have an established scheduling pattern (Fall, Winter, Spring).
General Education Category: AH-Philosophies and Culture World (W). K4 - Global Dynamics
General Education Pathways: P2 Health & Well-being, P5 Sustainability
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Articulate an understanding of the development of the major philosophic traditions of Asia within their contexts of origin.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the primary tenets and symbolic systems of Asian philosophy as they relate to the health & well-being of yourself and the planet.
- Explain how sustainability relates to our lives and values from an Asian perspective.
- Explain how our actions impact issues of sustainability at individual, community, organizational and societal levels.
- Demonstrate a recognition of the relationship between personal, social, professional, and economic well-being.
- Appraise key factors and strategies that propagate an individual’s personal, social, and professional future well-being.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)