Dec 01, 2022
MUS 210 - Vocal Jazz Choir
Must attend all scheduled rehearsals and performances. An ensemble specializing in performance of repertoire from jazz choir tradition established in the Northwest and beyond. Limited to SATB singers and rhythm-section instruments. May be repeated for credit.
Prerequisite: student must be freshmen or sophomore standing.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz tone quality on their instruments and voices.
- Demonstrate characteristic jazz phrasing and style on their instruments and voices.
- Work together to create a cohesive group sound with an overall high quality artistic, emotional and technical impact.
- Perform a wide variety of music composed and arranged for the vocal jazz ensemble.
- Improvise in a vocal jazz ensemble setting, including musical interaction within the ensemble.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)