Sep 22, 2023
MUS 154A - Class Piano III
Group instruction providing intermediate skills to prepare for the piano proficiency requirement and to reinforce music theory concepts. May be repeated up to 3 credits. Grade will either be S or U.
Prerequisite: MUS 153A.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of clefs, note reading, hand position, posture, score markings, and basic terminology related to intermediate piano students.
- Play standard scales with correct fingering.
- Demonstrate proficiency of reading skills, technique, and rhythm through assigned intermediate solo repertoire.
- Demonstrate basic transposition skills of intermediate level excerpts.
- Demonstrate basic harmonic progressions as presented in concurrent music theory class.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic theoretical concepts through keyboard applications.
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)