Mar 31, 2023
MSL 492 - Leader Development and Assessment Course Internship
Practical exercise in small-unit leadership and tactics. Five-week camp at Ft. Lewis, Washington. Required for commissioning. May be repeated for credit.
Prerequisites: MSL 301, MSL 302, and MSL 303.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Attend NALC to incorporate a wide range of training designed to challenge, develop and evaluate leadership abilities.
- Test intelligence, common sense, ingenuity and stamina.
- Placed in a variety of leadership positions, many of which simulate stressful situations.
- Meet established standards in physical fitness, weapons training, communication, combat patrols and demonstrate their proficiency in other military skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Field Leader’s Reaction Course
- Confidence Training
- Basic Rifle Marksmanship
- Automatic Weapons Training
- Land Navigation
- Individual Tactical Training
- Fire Support
- Hand Grenade
- Nuclear, Biological Chemical
- Squad Situational Training Exercises
- Patrolling Situational Training Exercises
- Military History (Regimental)
- Rappelling & Rope Bridge Operations
- Establish Bivouac
- Branch Orientation
Learner Outcomes Approval Date:
Anticipated Course Offering Terms and Locations:
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)